Thursday 27 February 2014

From Home Decor to Gorgeous Gift Voucher Card

I'm always looking for new ways to get inspired and today's card is inspired by a Wooden Home Decor piece that I spotted in a junk mail catalogue. Especially post Christmas, those same catalogues haven't even been making it inside the house, I don't want to be tempted!
I really like the vintage, multi-layered background and I wanted to recreate this aspect. 

 Here is my creation...

To insert your gift certificate/photo/gift card cut little slits in the cardstock.

Card base measurements: 
  • x1 A4 sheet cut down to 5 3/4" x long A4 length
  • Score at 4 1/8" and 8 1/4" (along the long edge)
Front panel measurements: 
  • x1 Whisper White piece measuring 3 1/2" x 5" - stamped first
  • Cut into 4 pieces that measure 3 1/2" x 1 1/4" each - feel free to cut thinner if you wish
  • Stick down on a layered 3 3/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Smokey Slate
  • TIP: Play with the panels on the backing piece first, then stick the outer panels down first, to allow you to adjust the spacing of the inner panels.
Special techniques: Sponging the Edges. 
I've created a softer look by sponging the edges of the white cardstock with Crumb Cake carrying the colour over towards the middle of the panels, then for more dimension and darker edges I added Soft Suede (taking care to only sponge the very edges) for a darker look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you