Tuesday 9 February 2021

Let's Colour True Love - Spotlight Technique

Any day is a colouring-in kind of day, when you have beautiful Designer Series paper like True Love to colour in. I'm not usually a flowery kind of crafter but this paper is just irresistible. It is detailed, easy to colour and the large flowers make it easy to create a beautiful bouquet in any colour.

I have chosen to SPOTLIGHT the colouring on these cards. I started by cutting a shape, in this case, an elongated Hexagon from the Stitched Nested Label dies set directly from the patterned paper, like this. 
I coloured with my Stampin Blends  - see the colour swatch below for the actual colours. Colour to your hearts content - go calm or as bold as you like. For this card, I glued the 'frame' first, to a piece of Basic Black cardstock, once you're done colouring, simply adhere the panel in place, just like a puzzle.
Perfection! Some Mossy Meadow linen ribbon and a simple hello to finish off this card.

Make sure you cut a little strip for the inside too.

These colours work so well together - love them.

For the 2nd card I used basically the same techniques. This card is horizontal, the pattern just looked better that way. 

This time I stuck the cut of label first to the black panel (use the frame as a guide so you know you're adhering it in the right spot). This way I found it easier to colour the panel in. 

A coloured strip for this one too, doesn't it just pop!



If you liked today's post please share your favourite pictures to your Pinterest boards!

Thanks so much for stopping by and hopefully I have inspired your creativity. I love reading your comments so show me some blog love & leave me a quick hello below! 

https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=CarolinaEvans-StampinUpDemonstratorMelbourneAustraliahttp://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4005871https://ida.stampinup.com/?demoid=4005871https://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=300100&dbwsdemoid=4005871
See all the catalogue products & specials below here

  

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you