Sunday 9 August 2015

Congratulations & Floating Technique #CAS69banners

This week one of our Crazy Crafters, Nicole won the SU Incentive Trip to the Mediterranean!! How awesome it that! I will be sending her this card to say Congratulations. I chose my colours based on the beautiful blue waters of the Med, which I have swam in, so I know all the achievers will have a fab time there. The banners fit perfectly with this ocean theme too as the trip is set on a cruise ship. I just can't get enough of the Expressions Natural Elements (laser cut sentiments) - I do hope we'll be seeing more of these.

Todays card is inspired by the lovely designers over at Addicted to CAS.
Here is the inspirational CAS Sketch
http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/challenge-69-banners.html
The 'Floating' Technique
I hope you can see it from my photos - it looks like the banners are floating.
I cut a 7/8" wide piece out of the whisper white panel {you can cut this out anywhere on the panel} and then I raised them on dimensionals. When you add dimensionals to the banners they give the impression they are floating - again its all part of the Mediterraneaness of this card!

The watercolouring under the sentiment is actually stamped from the Perpetual Birthday Set.
Finish it all off with a lovely DSP to match the theme - 'Schoolhouse DSP pack
    Here are the card measurements so you too can create this card:
  • Square Card Base in Crumb Cake Cardstock - 4-3/4" x 9-1/2", scored at 4-3/4"
  • Pacific Point Frame - 4-1/4" x 4-1/4"
  • Whisper White Panel -  4" x 4"
  • Cut out a 7/8" wide piece from the Whisper White panel to add your banners.
I've added this colour swatch that features the colours on my card. Please feel free to pin it to your pinterest boards!

Stampin' Up! Supplies
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. fantastic design. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the beautiful card Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you