Monday 17 August 2015

Endless Wishes - A CASE'd card from the Catalogue

Today I have a birthday card for you that I CASE'd straight from the best inspirational book - the Annual Catalogue! This card using a really lovely simple set called Endless Wishes and the catalogue showcases it beautifully with this card here:
Original from the 2015-2016 Annual Catalogue
I changed the colours used in the catty to a more mauvy theme using Wisteria Wonder and Perfect Plum to watercolour the cake.  I also used Smoky Slate to colour a bit of a shadow under the cake stand - its a subtle effect.


I wanted a little dimension on the image so with my trusty Crystal Effects I filled in the cake's icing, but also the cake stand! Most stands are porcelin or glass so I wanted this look here too. For the candles they just had to have some Gold GLITZ dazzling detail to match with the Gold Metallic doilie bedind. I trimed the Doilie down the middle so that you could see it either side of the cake.
The dots on the cardbase are from Watercolor Wings - a set I will feature in more detail soon. 
Here are the card measurements so you too can create this card:
  • Standard Australian C6 card base in Smoky Slate Cardstock (half A4 sheet)
  • Wisteria Wonder Frame - 2-3/4" x 4-1/4"
  • Watercolour Paper Panel -  2-5/8" x 4-1/8"
  • Black Satin Ribbon - 12" length (30cm)
Quick Tip on how to use Crystal Effects!
 Colour Inspiration
Stampin' Up! Supplies
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
I love to read all your comments, thanks so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you