Friday 14 August 2015

Snowflake Shaker Card #MOJO410 #PP257

These past couple of days were spent down the coast in Lorne. I love the coast and seabreeze even if it is only 4 degrees and wet! We were so lucky that we got to see some Humpback whales! We were like "WHAT?!?! How cool is this?" My kids were so happy, they loved it. Now todays card matches the ocean scene perfectly! And its a shaker card - oh my, so fun - love making them!!
Can you spot the whales?
I'm always trying to find new ways of getting creative and I wanted to experiment with this card so I tried a few new things - did I succeed?
Here's what I did:
1) Add a snowflake to the shaker - SUCCESS I think it looks great!
2) Adhere Bermuda Sequin trim for extra WOW - mostly SUCCESS It adds wow, but looks busy.
3) Glue a few sequins on the background before adding the rest - EPIC FAIL I added too much glue or because the edges are not all flat, the floating sequins got stuck in big clusters! 
We need a Blooper Reel over here! I honestly thought this thinlit said "CHEER" as in 'Holiday Cheer' and now I realise it says "CHEERS" which I don't think quite fits the Christmassy feel of this card. Don't get me wrong this die is totally cute, I just feel like Cheers is better suited for a Birthday or a non-Christmas Celebration. To fix this you can easily just snip off the 's', which means you can probably create lots of different words from all the thinlits.
Here are the card measurements so you too can create this card:
  • Standard Australian C6 card base in Whisper White Thick Cardstock (half A4 sheet)
  • Bermuda Bay Frame - 3-3/4" x 5-1/2"
  • Whisper White Panel embossed in NEW Gently Falling TIEF -  3-1/2" x 5-1/4"
  • Old Olive Banner - 3/4" x 5-1/4"
  • Circles Collection Framelits (shaker) -4th & 5th from centre (1-7/8" & 2-1/4")

Todays card was inspired by the very cool designers over at The Paper Players & Mojo Monday 410
Here are the challenge pictures

http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/paper-players-257-color-challenge-from.htmlhttp://mojomonday.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/mojo-monday-410.html

I've added this colour swatch that features the colours on my card. Please feel free to pin it to your pinterest boards! 
Stampin' Up! Supplies

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Thanks for stopping by today

6 comments:

  1. Carolina, this is gorgeous! I love shaker cards, too! The sequins frame is so pretty! Love the embossing, twine and sentiment, too! You certainly made my colors shine! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a beautiful comment Claire - your colour selection fitted in perfectly with my trip away so crafting was made a lot easier :)

      Delete
  2. Carolina, what a beautiful South Seas winter card! I love the rustic feel of the wood and twine contrasted with the sequins--just like a frosted beach! Glad our linky came back so you could share this with us...thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty creation! I expected a beachy theme after reading about the whales and was pleasant surprised to see a wintery shaker card! VERY cute! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Carolina! Love the embossing and all the fabulous little details on your card. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for sharing the story about whale watching and the picture. I went one time and loved it! So worth being cold! LOL!

    I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow my blog also. I am having a blog celebration; with lots of prizes. I would love for you to join (if not already), comment and add your link.
    Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card. Love the shaker. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you