Friday 15 July 2016

Shaving Cream - A Marble Look

Welcome back for another project! This card is being featured in an International showcase of projects over at our wonderful Mentor's blog - thank you so much Kylie Bertucci you truly awesome.
This weeks theme is #frommetoyouwhenyourefeelingblu A card can make such a difference to someone especially if they are feeling blue. I love the smile a simple card can bring and the heartfelt love you can give from a simple gesture. I also know that its equally kind to say thanks to those that care for you when you are down and I know exactly who I am going to send this card to!
I'd love for you to vote for my project - click here to submit your vote
 
Do you believe I made the background pattern on this card - its not DSP! After I created the background panel, I didn't want to cover it up too much so I have kept it quite simple.  I used ht Shaving Cream technique to create this marble look.
This technique is really easy- a little messy but very fun! 
  • Simply spray some shaving cream on a washable surface (old plastic mat works super)
  • Add some drops of Ink from your reinkers 2-3 drops per colour is plenty 
  • Swirl the colours around with a skewer/stick
  • Place your whisper white cardstock directly over the foam, press down to cover space
  • Lift and wipe or squeegee off the excess foam & ta-dah!
 Card measurements:
  • Aussie C6 card base in Rich Razzleberry cardstock (half A4)
  • Crumb Cake Frame 3-3/4" x 5-1/2"
  • Whisper White Panel 3-5/8" x 5-3/8"
     
     Be inspired with this colour combination, feel free to share and pin it!

    Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed seeing my project please leave me a comment I'd love to hear what you think!  Be sure to check out the rest of the AMAZING projects from all over the world! Click here.

    http://feeds.feedburner.com/CarolinaEvans-StampinUpDemonstratorMelbourneAustraliahttp://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4005871www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/CategoryPage.aspx?categoryid=120700&dbwsdemoid=4005871https://ida.stampinup.com/?demoid=4005871

    Stampin' Up! Supplies - click to view online
    www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=141610&dbwsdemoid=4005871www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=131162&dbwsdemoid=4005871
    www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=142334&dbwsdemoid=4005871 www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=138392&dbwsdemoid=4005871

9 comments:

  1. Love this Marble look Carolina, makes the card smell nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours that you have chosen Carolina! Love that you use the shower squeegee to take the cream off the card. Thank you for taking part in our international blog highlight and making it such a success! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous! I bought shaving cream 3 months ago & it's been sitting forlorn on my desk - I think you've encouraged me to actually use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card turned out beautiful! Thanks for sharing. This is the first time I have heard of using shaving cream and since your results are so great, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned this technique years ago, but we were told to use glossy paper, have you tried that. It works great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try this in my next class. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful and your instructions are very clear and easy to follow. Thanks so much. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very ecstatic when I am reading this blog post because it is written in a good manner and the writing topic for the blog is excellent.
    Thanks for sharing valuable information. Also get to know about Lather Shaving Cream

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog is fantastic, and I enjoy reading your writings. Keep doing what you're doing! You know, a lot of people are looking for this information, and you could greatly assist them.
    White Marble

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you