Monday 3 August 2020

Hello Beautiful Rainbow Glimmer Paper!

Today I wanted to share another idea when using the beautiful Rainbow Glimmer paper. Although this card looks very simple I wanted to share a technique - I’m calling it ‘the fade technique’. How gorgeous are these sparkly colours? They are so lovely that I used a smallish greeting - I really didn’t want to cover up that lovely colourful background. So here’s how to create the fade technique!
Start by simply cutting 1/2” strips of the glimmer paper and stagger them as shown below. I have layered them over a black frame piece (3-1/2” x 5-5/8”). You can scotch tape the front to secure the pieces down - as you won’t be gluing them down just yet. You could do this same  technique with other designer paper too, I’m sure you could create some really unique patterns.

Once you’re happy with the arrangement flip it over. On the reverse side use tear n tape to secure all the pieces together, now you’re ready to trim it down. 
Trim your piece down to 3-1/4” x 5-3/8”. Keep what you trim off for another project.
You’ll need that black frame now, adhere all the pieces together, stamp a simple greeting. I’ve used Hello beautiful from Butterfly Gala set and white embossed it. Your card is done!
Here are the 2 main products used. 
 
If you liked today’s post please share your favourite pics on your Pinterest boards!

Thanks so much for stopping by and hopefully I have inspired your creativity. I love reading your comments so show me some blog love & leave me a quick hello below!
https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=CarolinaEvans-StampinUpDemonstratorMelbourneAustraliahttp://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4005871https://ida.stampinup.com/?demoid=4005871https://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=300100&dbwsdemoid=4005871
See all the NEW 2020 catalogue products & specials below here


*COVID-19 is priced in USD

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you