Monday 19 January 2015

A Happy Thing - The masking technique

Hi Everyone

Here's my first ever Think Ink Sketch Design Challenge card!  Todays sketch was designed by Tina Gillespie from the Think Ink Team, headed up by the lovely Sue Madex.  This free Saleabration Stamp set - A Happy Thing - has already been really popular.  It seems we can't get enough of the lemons!

I have used a very easy masking technique to stamp the lemon again over the top of the other. Simply stamp on a post it note, cut around the imge, lay this over your already stamped image and the cut out acts as a 'mask' so that your image outlines do not cross over anywhere. I love it! So summery and fresh.
A close up of the lemons and my blending.  I love how the leaves came out! Coloured in roughly, with lots of different blendies to create a multi-toned look.

Stampin' Up! Supplies used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Thanks for stopping by today




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you