Thursday 24 March 2016

Birthday Blooms in Blues #GDP028

I had so much fun creating a very very very similar looking card in pinks recently (see here) that I tried it all over again in blues. Which is your favourite? Having fussy cut out this image twice now, I've realised I won't be doing that again, can you see how many little leaves there are?! I would much rather a framelit to do this for me, that said I'm really hoping this stamp set {Birthday Blooms} makes it into the 2016-2017 annual catalogue, otherwise I will be D.E.V.A.S.T.A.T.E.D!
I also was inspired to create this card by Jess Williams card which is being CASE'd over at the Global Design Project with challenge #GDP028. I like the way Jess's card has clean lines down either side of the sentiment panel and has a beautiful flower framing the greeting. 
http://www.global-design-project.com/2016/03/global-design-project-028-case-designer.html
Here is my card
 I was careful not to 'over colour' this flower, like my pink version, I like the pops of white space inbetween.
Stampin' Up! Supplies - click to view online
www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=140658&dbwsdemoid=4005871www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=140645&dbwsdemoid=4005871
www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=133719&dbwsdemoid=4005871www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=140561&dbwsdemoid=4005871
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed seeing my project please leave me a comment I'd love to hear what you think!
This card was a winner!!

7 comments:

  1. They are both very pretty but I like this one better due to the size and placement of the dark strip of paper. That is a lot of intricate cutting... not sure if I have that much patience! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW so pretty, thanks for joining us this week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgous as always Carolina! SO honoured that you've joined in with the Global Design Project again this week and CASEd little ol' me! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Carolina! These blues are gorgeous - love how you created a variety of stripes along the back of this card. Beautiful! Thank you for playing along with this week's CASE the Designer Challenge at Global Design Project - glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to pick the blue, I just love how all the elements you have used blend so beautifully with the coloured flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being a GDP winner this week, your card is beautiful!!
    I am with you in keeping my fingers and toes crossed for this stamp set making it into the new catalogue - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being a GDP winner this week, beautiful color combinatie, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you