Saturday 4 May 2024

Lets go Rustic Style for May with Lets Craft Together

Welcome back to another Let's Craft Together Blog Hop! This months theme is Rustic, I was super excited for this month, I think its such a cool theme.

I have created a rustic pile of 'painted wood' ready for any DIY'er to create something super cool.
For todays sentiment I double stanped in 2 colours the 'HappyBirthday' from Sweetly Scripted.
Remember the challenge was RUSTIC

Lets take a closer look at this card. Here I had already 'treated' my wood panels to some shading around the edges with Crumb Cake ink and a small blending brush. The next steps was the fun part, I wanted to use the inkpad 'SWIPE' technique to add some white ink, like a white wash of paint.  So I used a small inkspot with a tiny bit of white ink refill.
You can see here more clearly the end result of darking the edges and then lightening the fronts. I think it looks sooo RUSTIC!
My RUSTIC inspiration - I would love this coffee table
Time to finish the card with a sentiment and some tone on tone gems
For the inside I used a few 'offcuts' along the bottom edge. 
A darker pallet than I would normally for go and I love the end result.
Be sure to continue on the hop below!

Thanks so much for stopping by and hopefully I have inspired your creativity. I love reading your comments, be sure to leave me a quick hello below! 
See all the catalogue products & specials here

5 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of your card...love that table too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Carolina, particularly the way you have done the inside. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool inspiration and interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Carolina and it represents the coffee table so well. I love how you white washed the panels to create a more rustic style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you