Monday 28 March 2016

Life is a Beautiful Ride in the VW Beetle

Life is a beautiful ride. Don't you agree? Especially if you get to take suitcases of stamping gear with you wherever you go!! Haha that would be a sight. I have always been an avid crafter however life did get a whole lot more crafty and coordinated when I joined Stamping Up! This was the one thing I appreciated the most from attending my very first workshop. Easy coordination. So '"life is a beautiful ride" for so many reasons, including being introduced to Stampin' Up!
This card was a real hit with my ladies recently. The VW Bug stamp set comes from Beautiful Ride in the Occasions Catalogue.  They loved learning how to watercolour. It was amazing how surprised they were at how easy it is! They honestly believed it would be harder to get good colour over the image.
My best tips for watercolouring are:

  • do use watercolour paper
  • don't overload your aqua painter with water
  • build up your colour in stages
  • do dab on colour in places you want it darker

The background is decorated with Timeless Textures another awesome stamp set from the Occasions Catalogue.  Just from the simple patterns I have created a sky, trees and a road! Hurry if you want a copy of this VW stamp set and Timeless Textures it's only available until May 31st! Click below to order today.

Be inspired with this colour combination, feel free to share and pin it!
Stampin' Up! Supplies - click to view online
 Beautiful Ride Timeless textures

 Watercolor Paper Basic Black Archival Ink 
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed seeing my project please leave me a comment I'd love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you