Thursday 4 April 2024

Lets Water Colour for April with Lets Craft Together

Welcome back to another Let's Craft Together Blog Hop! This months theme is Watercolouring. A technique I love but rarely do. So lets get stuck in with some water, ink and paper and instead of stamps the hero this time is a metal die!

I have created an EPIC rock card for my sons upcoming birthday. He's an enthusiastic guitarist so this card is perfect for him. I have created a colour combination using my new colour wheel that I made at OnStage. 

Have you ever used DIES to watercolour with? There are endless uses once you start to look outside of the normal uses. Check out my YouTube video that shares how I used the die as a stencil and how I like to watercolour. 
ROCK STAR  - What an awesome BUNDLE - love that we'll soon be seeing it in the new Annual Catalogue. 


Check out this quick video on how to use dies as stencils for watercolouring

Here's the WATERCOLOUR challenge picture, thanks Julia for setting this challenge
Lets take a closer look at this card. I let the watercolours bleed into each other, by adding some more water and tilting the paper from side to side.  I really like the edgy card design, the way the guitars 'become one', how the colours compliment each other so well and the versatility of the products in particular the dies and stamps.
The inside was fun to create all that electric energy is pouring out!
 To create the inside, I used the negative piece after cutting the deckled circle and marked out with a pencil that circle. I then used that outline to stamp out the lightening bolt around like a wreath. 
Loving this colour combo - my sons favourite colour is red but I think maybe he'll now also love Azure Afternoon (turquoise).
Be sure to continue on the hop below!

Thanks so much for stopping by and hopefully I have inspired your creativity. I love reading your comments, be sure to leave me a quick hello below! 
See all the catalogue products & specials here

3 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow. What a brilliant card for you son. So much energy and joy. You can almost hear the music ! Fantastic water colour technique. I’m blown away by your card. And you’re right the edgy vibe of your card with the red and azure is awesome. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card for a young guitarist. Particularly love the way you used the lightning bolts behind the greeting inside, as you say, so much energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow just wow, love the bright colours and the running of the water colours, its a great way to use a design like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today, Id love to hear what you thought of my project! Thank you